Poynton PANDAS

Poynton PANDAS
"We truly believe that when you talk to others who have been through similar things, you take the first step on the road to recovery"

Thursday 16 April 2015

A place to be me

Since I was wee, I've had a place to be me
Not in the mountains, or by the sea
But my Granny's farm with a view you should see

A place free from judgement, a place I feel free
A place full of laughter
A place full of tea (yorkshire of course)





It's a place I feel safe, supported, at ease
It's a place I can come and go as I please
If you've ever been, you'll be sure when you leave
You'll feel better for visiting. An emotional reprieve


You'll meet like-minded people
People who know
how hard it can be when you feel very low
You'll be heard and be valued
You'll not feel ashamed
You're worthwhile and wanted
You'll prosper and grow




Now my place is going
We're selling up you see
We're sad and we're wobbling
We're scared to flee..
The warmth of the welcome
The views you must see

What if we can't do it?
Where will we be?
When the place that has held us so tight sets us free

Our hearts full of sadness. Our hearts full of woe
But we know that the place that is ours must let go



Onwards and upwards
Off we will go
Stronger for having been there and so...

I ask if you need somewhere?
A place to be?
A place free from judgement and plenty of tea
You'll find a warm welcome
with us mummies you see....


We have a place. A place you can be.





----------
Poynton PANDAS (Pre and Postnatal Depression Advice and Support)
A Drop-in Group for mums, dads n tots who need a place to be
Mondays at St George's Church, Poynton 10.45-12.15 (term-time)
psppoynton@aol.co.uk
www.facebook.com/PoyntonPANDAS


See you soon. Rhi, Mel, Kirsty, Joanne, Charlotte and Julia xx






No comments:

Post a Comment